Ian MacCallum and Jane Hunt
Owners and Founders of Trees for Life
Certified Arborist #PN-0158A, Certified Tree Risk Assessor #478
Ian MacCallum and Jane Hunt are the owners of Trees For Life Montana. Ian got his start in the tree care business as a ground man in 1979 and Jane has been the Business Manager of Trees For Life since 1993.
Ian’s timeline in the tree care business:
- 1979 – Began working in the tree care business in Seattle area.
- 1980 – Joined the International Society of Arboriculture.
- 1980-1987 – Helped establish two tree care companies in Seattle area.
- 1988 – After buying property in Bigfork started a small tree care company in the Flathead Valley.
- 1990 – Became a Certified Arborist & started what became Trees For Life in Seattle, WA.
- 2001 – Was presented the Commercial Arborist of the Year Award by the Pacific Northwest International Society of Arboriculture.
- 2005 – Moved permanently to Bigfork and established Montana branch of Tree For Life, Inc.
- 2015 – Sold Trees For Life/Seattle to Arborwell, Inc. and established Trees For Life Montana in Bigfork!