Ian MacCallum and Jane Hunt
Owners and Founders of Trees for Life
Certified Arborist #PN-0158A, Certified Tree Risk Assessor #478
Ian MacCallum and Jane Hunt are the owners of Trees For Life Montana. Ian got his start in the tree care business as a ground man in 1979 and Jane has been the Business Manager of Trees For Life since 1993.
Ian’s timeline in the tree care business:
- 1979 – Began working in the tree care business in Seattle area.
- 1980 – Joined the International Society of Arboriculture.
- 1980-1987 – Helped establish two tree care companies in Seattle area.
- 1988 – After buying property in Bigfork started a small tree care company in the Flathead Valley.
- 1990 – Became a Certified Arborist & started what became Trees For Life in Seattle, WA.
- 2001 – Was presented the Commercial Arborist of the Year Award by the Pacific Northwest International Society of Arboriculture.
- 2005 – Moved permanently to Bigfork and established Montana branch of Tree For Life, Inc.
- 2015 – Sold Trees For Life/Seattle to Arborwell, Inc. and established Trees For Life Montana in Bigfork!
Certified Arborist - Climber
Dusty joined Trees For Life, Montana during the fall of 2013 after spending 12 “hot” years with the Forest Service fighting fires. Dusty’s in-depth knowledge and experience fighting fires adds an important layer of expertise to the services that Trees For Life, Montana provides.
Since joining TFLMT Dusty has become an accomplished climber and has recently taken and passed the Certified Arborist Exam.
- Associate Degree in Applied Science of Forest Technology, State University of New York
- Associate Degree in Applied Science in Practical Nursing, University of Montana